The #UltimateBandkada Search Contest Overview
Become part of the next #UltimateBandkada by teaming up with the hottest music talents in Rock, Pop, Hip Hop, Reggae and EDM for a chance to win P100,000 plus a recording contract with a major label.
1st Place – P100,000 + management contract + recording contract
2nd Place – P60,000
3rd Place – P40,000
Eligibility of Participants:
- Interested groups should be composed of a minimum of three (3) members (all male/female or mixed, Filipino, 18 to 35 years of age upon joining date, residing in Metro Manila and Greater Manila Area are qualified to join
- To participate in the The #UltimateBandkada Search, interested and qualified groups must comply with the following:
- Visit www.ultimatebandkada.com
- Have read the full mechanics and registered through the mentioned website.
- A representative of the group may only register a group once and submit an entry via the registration page of the website (see details below).
- Hopeful contestants must be well versed on different genres specifically Rock, Pop, Hip Hop, Reggae or EDM (Electronic Dance Music) disciplines.
Criteria for Selecting the Eight (8) Bandkada Finalists
Musicianship: Band members are skilled in playing an instrument that goes with the genres chosen: 25%
Charisma: Contestants have an energetic and attractive personality: 25%
Voice Quality: Contestants have the vocal range to perform quality performances: 25%
Music Mash-Up: The way in which a band has seamlessly and beautifully blended together at least two different music genres to create an entertaining sound: 25%
Shortlisting and Announcement of Top 8 Bandkada Finalists
Shortlisting of Top 8 Bandkada Finalists
- Date: May 23, 2016 (Monday)
- Time: 2pm onwards
- Venue: Greenwich Office –32nd Floor Jollibee Plaza Emerald Ave., Ortigas Center, Pasig City.
- Top 8 Bandkada Finalists will be notified via Call and Email using their given details on their registration forms.
- List of Finalists will also be posted on #UltimateBandkada Search website, Greenwich Social Sites
Awarding of Prizes (Grand Finale)
- Date: September 10, 2016
- Time: 5pm – 10pm
- Venue:Valkyrie Club, Taguig
Criteria for Judging the top 3 Bandkada Finalists and Winners
All eight (8) BandKada finalists will perform live to determine the winner and top 3 based on the judges’ score.
Beats, melodies and notes.
Each Bandkada must compose an original beat and melody for their song. The Bandkada finalists cannot use “remixes” or “samples” of existing songs for their original theme.
Criteria for Judging
- 20% Originality – Song uses original beats and melodies
- 30% Genre Mash Up – Incorporating at least two more different genres - Pop, Rock, Hip Hop and EDM to create an original music
- 20% Audience impact – Crowd reaction during and after band’s performance.
- 15% Chemistry – Shows a harmonious relationship and interaction between band members as they play on stage.
- 15% Stage Presence – Impressive appearance and performance
ONLINE voting – The band with the most online votes (via app-based purchases) will be given a special award – “Favorite ng Barkada Award” that will receive Php 10,000.00 (for confirmation please)
How to vote:
- Starting 10:00am of June 13, 2016 until 11:59 pm of September 5, 2016, fans may vote their favorite Bandkada for the selected Top 8 through the #UltimateBandkada Search website (www.ultimatebandkada.com).
- Fans may vote one (1) band per day through the following steps:
- Fan clicks on the vote button of the selected bandkada
- Fans can repeat the process the day after.
- Fans can also give additional five (5) votes per coupon code that they get by purchasing any of Greenwich Group Meal/Barkada Feasts which will be available during the voting period.
Fan clicks on the vote button of the selected bandkada.
A pop-up appears and asks for a promo code.
If a promo code is selected, the 1st free vote is credited to the chosen bandkada and the fan is asked to upload the coupon code.
After the code is validated, first time voters will have to fill up a registration form with the following details:
Upon successful registration, five (5) additional votes will be given to the chosen bandkada/s
The voter can repeat the process as long as he has a valid code on every purchase of Greenwich Group Meal / Barkada Feasts.
-The Organizer reserves the absolute right to disqualify or not award a prize to an entrant who in the Organizers opinion it considers to have not complied with any of the terms and conditions. The Organizer also reserves the right to disqualify any participants who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of this competition.
- Employees of promoting agency, advertising agency and participating outlets including their relatives up to second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the promotion / contest.